Capitol Hill Home of the Week is: La Flor on 16th Ave E.
323 16th Ave E #204, Seattle 98112
Robin M. Tomazic of RE/Max is holding open her lovely new listing at La Flor on 16th Ave this weekend. If you love vintage chic living then you should take some time out of your day and check this chic condo home out.
Real Estate folk hate the word cozy when used in listing remarks. Everyone knows it is code for small. Well I’m sorry but I cannot think of a better word to describe how this place makes me feel. Walking into the living room made me feel like grabbing a blanket, my sweetie, a big cup of hot chocolate and curling up on the couch next to the fireplace. One of my favorite design features from buildings of this era is that they gave you breathing space to live. Definitely no cramped quarters here. The bedroom is a perfect size for a queen size bed and a few other well chosen pieces of furniture. The living room is spacious enough to entertain several friends for a cocktail hour or pre-funk before a night on the town. The leaded glass and warm mahogany trim surrounding the living spaces wrap around you to provide needed relief from the fast paced world outside our walls.
Speaking of what’s outside, while you will enjoy the quiet of 16th ave you get to enjoy all of the joys of living in an urban neighborhood. My favorite place to grab a beautifully delicious dessert is right up the street at Bakery Nouveau. If you need to wet your whistle take your pick from theses unique spaces, The Canterbury, Smith, and Liberty are all different venues that can easily be the bar where everybody knows your name. When the time comes to fill you up with sustanince one of my favorite places is the Coastal Kitchen with its revolving world menu. But there are plenty of other foodie havens too; such as Kanek Cuisine of India, Olympia Pizza, and Sur 16. Plus don’t forget the local shops like Flowers on 15th, Remedy Teas and Rainbow Natural Remedies to enlighten your lifestyle.
What I like most about this condo:
1. Location- Located one block from 15th Avenue. You get the quiet street, but access to all the fun!
2. Cute Kitchen- Though it is not a huge chefs kitchen, it is perfect for preparing a meal for yourself or a small group for dinner
3. Original Details- Mahogany Wood trim , original callbox, and original hardwood floors are preserved beautifully.
4. Fireplace- Yea, its electric but we live in the modern era of forced air and air compressors. Wood fireplaces are so 1900’s. You get to enjoy the ambiance of a fireplace with putting those carcinogens into the air.
5. Art Deco Toilet Seat- It’s a random touch and the perfect fun throwback to the era of this building.
This unit is priced to sell and whomever snatches this up is going to be the envy of all their friends. Click my face below for my contact information and we set up an appointment to check this place out while you still can. Rocky@teamdivarealestate.com 206.795.6292
Listing Courtesy of Robin M. Tomazic
Photo credit Stephen Enriquez