East Capitol Hill is one of the unique spots in Seattle where you can truly capture the historic feel of our city.
Dwellings: Turn of the century estates rub up against mid-century custom built homes. Tree lined streets, spacious parks and top-notch schools are the hallmarks of this family-friendly neighborhood.
Dwellers: Hip families. Folks for whom the suburbs are kryptonite, but want a calm vibe.
- All that Seattle drizzle giving you cabin fever? Go to the park. Volunteer Park, Interlaken Park , the Arboretum are just steps away with a plethora of kid and grown-up friendly fun.
- Have drinks on Tallulah’s gorgeous patio.
- Nibble some cookies at Hello Robin–we love the Mackles’mores.
- Step up to the foodie strip on 15th Avenue–from tea to craft cocktails to Italian to upscale pub grub, it’s all just a few blocks up the hill.
- Do yourself a favor and experience the Polish Home Association’s Annual Pierogi Fest or their Friday night dinners. Step out of Seattle hipster culture and into the charming (not to mention tasty) Old World.
- Stevens Elementary, St. Joseph’s School, and Holy Names Academy all occupy their own corners and the campuses (yes, I said campuses) look like parks in their own right.
Does this sound like your kinda hood? Wanna do some exploring? Check out more here!